NCC 2019 Public Comment Draft open for feedback
The consultation period for proposed changes for NCC 2019 is now open and the ABCB is seeking your feedback.
The National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 Public Comment Draft sees a number of proposed changes resulting from major project work done by the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) and the Proposal for Change process.
These changes aim to deliver a contemporary code without compromising minimum standards for buildings and plumbing systems. Some of these key changes include:
- new quantified performance metrics and Verification Methods;
- improved fire safety measures;
- removing the ability to use bonded laminated material where a non-combustible material is required (further information is in this supporting overview document);
- increased levels of energy efficiency for commercial buildings;
- revised Acceptable Construction Practices (ACPs) in NCC Volume Two;
- new Acceptable Plumbing Practices (APPs) in NCC Volume Three; and
- improved readability including standardised Governing Requirements across the NCC.
Full details of the changes are provided in the NCC 2019 Public Comment Draft. In addition, some of the proposed changes have supporting materials further explaining them.
Feedback to the ABCB is invited on the proposed changes by COB Friday, 13 April 2018.
Further information is available on the ABCB website.
Share this page: