WA award summaries
The information on this page applies only to employers and employees in the WA state industrial relations system. The state system covers businesses which operate as sole traders, unincorporated partnerships, unincorporated trust arrangements as well as any incorporated associations or not for profit bodies that are not trading or financial corporations. The Guide to who is in the state system has more detail.
This information does not apply to any business which operates as a Pty Ltd business and is a trading or financial corporation nor to any incorporated association or not for profit body that is a trading or financial corporation. These businesses and organisations are in the national fair work system and should visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website for information on employment laws.
Wageline's WA award summaries provide pay rates and an overview of employment conditions (such as hours of work, penalty rates, overtime rates and leave provisions) for the most commonly used WA awards.
The links to awards on this page are to the relevant Wageline WA award summary which outlines pay rates and major employment conditions only. For information on all award requirements, view the full copy of the relevant WA award on the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission website.
Please note - The pay rates in these award summaries contain pay rates that increased from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2016.
View the Wageline announcement - WA award and minimum pay rates to increase from 1 July 2017
- Animal Welfare Award Summary
- Bakers (Metropolitan) Award Summary
- Building Trades Award Summary
- Building Trades (Construction) Award Summary
- Childrens Services (Private) Award Summary
- Cleaners and Caretakers Award Summary
- Cleaners and Caretakers and Caravan Parks Award Summary
- Clerks (Accountants Employees) Award Summary
- Clerks (Commercial, Social Professional Services) Award Summary
- Clerks (Hotels, Motels and Clubs) Award Summary
- Clerks (Wholesale and Retail Establishments) Award Summary
- Club Workers Award Summary
- Contract Cleaners Award Summary
- Dental Technicians and Attendant/Receptionists Award Summary
- Earth Moving and Construction Award Summary
- Electrical Contracting Industry Award Summary
- Farm Employees Award Summary
- Food Industry (Manufacturing or Processing) Award Summary
- Fruit Growing and Packing Award Summary
- Furniture Trades Industry Award Summary
- Hairdressers Award Summary
- Hotel and Tavern Workers Award Summary
- Landscape Gardening Industry Award Summary
- Licensed Establishments (Retail and Wholesale) Award Summary
- Meat Industry Award Summary
- Metal Trades (General) Award Summary
- Motels, Hostels, Service Flats and Boarding House Workers Award Summary
- Motor Vehicle Industry Award Summary
- Pastry Cooks Award Summary
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award Summary
- Security Officers Award Summary
- Shop and Warehouse (Wholesale and Retail Establishments) Award Summary
- Transport Workers (General) Award Summary
- Vehicle Builders Award Summary
- Wine Industry Award Summary
If your award is not listed here, full copies of all WA awards are available on the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission website.
The previous WA Award Summaries published by Wageline (effective 1 July 2015 - 1 July 2016) are available on the Previous WA Award Summaries page.
Wageline can also provide information on all private sector WA awards - please contact Wageline
Check the Minimum pay rates for award free employees page for pay rates if the employee is award free.
All state system employers are legally required to keep employment records that detail time worked, leave taken and pay received by employees.
Share this page: